PE Explorer Feature List
- Working with 32-bit PE files such as .EXE, .DLL, Device Drivers (.SYS, .ACM), ActiveX Controls (.OCX), Borland Libraries (.DPL and .BPL), XP Visual Styles (.MSSTYLES), Control Panel Extensions (.CPL), Screen Savers (.SCR) and any other win32 executables.
- Open broken or packed files in Safe mode.
- Verify a PE file's integrity.
- Support for custom plug-ins to perform any startup processing.
PE Explorer makes it easy to analyze PE file structure, modify exe properties, fix compilation bugs, repair damaged resources or modify the internal arrangements of PE files. With PE Explorer file headers, data directories, section headers and export tables are ready and waiting for your command.
Use it for serious development projects, for restoring lost information, for keeping damaged files intact, to reverse engineer projects with missing source code, or to view the imports/exports of the standard DLL's. Read more...
- Headers Info Viewer displays the EXE header information contained in the PE file header.
- Checksum computing and modification.
- Entry Point value modification.
- Data Directories Viewer to view and edit Data Directories.
- Sections Header Viewer to view, extract, recalculate or delete sections from the program body.
- Section Editor to change all the fields in the section header or repair and restore the damaged section headers settings.
- Export, Import and Delay Import Viewers.
- Quick Function Syntax Lookup.
- Syntax Description Editor.
- Unmangling the exported symbols.
- Digital Signature Viewer
- Relocation Viewer to view contents of the base relocation table.
- Resource Editor to view, delete, extract or modify nearly every type of resources.
- Application Manifest Wizard inserts the manifest resource in existing applications - an easy way for legacy applications take advantage of the new look for common control styles on Windows XP and Vista.
Now, when reviewing functions with the Imports, Exports and Delay Imports viewers, clicking a function entry instantly displays the calling syntax for that function PE Explorer knows about and allows you to expand the syntax database with your own definitions. Parameters, return values, calling conventions are conveniently displayed for you in the window below. Read more...
PE Explorer offers one of the most convenient and easy-to-use resource editors available for Windows. Visual editing features let you quickly browse and modify executable file resources from within the file without having to write any scripts. Dialog boxes, menus, string tables, icons, bitmaps, manifests and more are right at your fingertips. Read more...
Resource Tuner, a spin-off version of the resource editor component of PE Explorer is available. Read more...
Power Coder Tools
- Dependency Scanner traces the dependency chain for the program's libraries
- TimeDateStamp Adjuster
- UPX Unpacker
- UPack Unpacker
- NSPack Unpacker
- Debug Information and Relocations Removal Tools
PE Explorer Disassembler utilizes a qualitative algorithm designed to reconstruct the assembly language source code of target binary win32 PE files (EXE, DLL, OCX) with the highest degree of accuracy possible. Disassemble an application or library to figure out its exact inner workings. Easily navigate through the disassembly in PE Explorer. Whenever possible, the disassembly will show descriptive names extracted from runtime type information stored inside the executable file. The PE Explorer Disassembler focuses on ease of use, clarity and navigation. Read more...
The Dependency Scanner tool allows you to recursively scan all modules linked to by a particular PE file. Use the Dependency Scanner to make it crystal clear which libraries an application depends on, so you know exactly which files you need to package into your application's installation program. Or which files to copy when moving a 3rd party application from one computer to another.
Dependency Scanner also detects delay-load dependencies. Read more...
We Offer A Free Trial Version: Try The Software, Risk Free.
Minimum hardware requirements:
Intel Pentium® or AMD K5 processor with 166 MHz
16 MB RAM
Start Exploring Your Applications Now!
For maximum editing and inspecting power, purchase a PE Explorer Personal license now for $129. A Business license is available for $229.95. When you utilize all the different tools PE Explorer integrates, you will agree that this is definitely an awesome price. PE Explorer is a bargain with its many features! It will save you hours of time and it’s easy to use!